Our Dental Services
Widsom Teeth Extraction
Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure to remove one or more wisdom teeth. Wisdom teeth are the four permanent adult teeth located at the back corners of your mouth on the top and bottom.
Wisdom tooth extraction is usually performed when a tooth doesn't have room to grow (impacted wisdom tooth) and the impacted tooth results in pain, infection or other dental problems. Wisdom tooth extraction may be done by a dentist or an oral surgeon. Some dentists and oral surgeons recommend wisdom tooth extraction even if impacted teeth aren't causing problems, as a preventive measure against potential future problems.p>Wisdom tooth removal is also known as third molar extraction. These teeth consist of the mandibular and maxillary third molars; they usually appear between the ages of 17 and 25.They are called wisdom teeth because they usually come in when a person is between age 17 and 25 or older - old enough to have supposedly gained some wisdom. Preventative extractions of them could prevent some potential dental problems later in life. The decision should be made between you and your dentist.
Some of the guidelines to determine if or not you need to have them removed are:
They should be removed if
- They are partially or fully erupted that causes discomfort, pain or difficulty to keep them clean.
- You are still young, say less than 25 years old.
- There is some pathology associated with it (this needs to be determined by your dentist).
They can be left alone if
- They are not in your mouth at all
- You are over 25 years of age.
- They have never bothered you.
- There is no pathology associated with it.